Wednesday, October 13, 2010

As I Lay Dying

Death they say is a new beginning.

As i was sinking to my lowest & deepest depth, darkness overwhelmed me. I was engulfed in guilt, anguish and victim stories began to surface in my minds eye. It was like watching a flashback of old movies but this was a reel of my last 12 years flashing thru my mind. The highs, the lows, the joys, the frustrations...all flashing in front of me as i faced my firing squad.

In one moment...I snapped out of it. Not that it had stopped, my judge, jury & executioner was gaining his momentum and nothing was going to derail him...but my "horrible" moment stopped. I stopped from being in a place of pain, guilt and anguish to relief. This was feedback for me. He needed to get it off his chest. I needed to hear it in my face. I acknowledged my failings and shortcomings. I took a deep breath...

I chose to Live!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home