Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Day I Got Killed

On monday i Got Killed!

This being the last quarter of the year, my boss usually makes his annual presence felt. He would come in and as usual go thru our performance for the year and impress upon us his projections for the year. He would pluck figures from his skilled calculations and projects the coming year's targets and he would have us accept his declarations. Somehow i don't experience a unanimous acceptance of the declarations but everybody "agrees". This year, no different from any other.

I for one have underperformed on all fronts and i am aware of this matter. This is my lowest performing year. This is my worst performance of the 12 years i have served and i was KILLED. I had nothing to say but nod in agreement as my judge, jury and executioner plowed away at my performance and i took it like a man standing in front of a firing squad. I felt my body riddled with bullets. It hit hard. Right to the core. I felt the core of my BEing shaken. I felt the medals on my chest ripped away. I felt worthless. I felt numb. In the end i felt nothing!

I just died!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home