Thursday, January 28, 2010

Me and My Maos' are off to Hainan

Me and my Maos' are off to Hainan tomorrow morning. This is one trip that has me very excited cos i will be visiting the land or rather Island that my ancestors came from. I am always excited about visiting new places but this is no different, but as i am nearer to actually landing on the Island i am beginning to get goosebumps. I mean this is the place where my ah kong & ah por was born and lived till they migrated to the then MALAYA to create a better future for themselves. This is also the place where as a kid i listened to my ah por speak fondly off. How the fruits and vege tasted so much better and were more fragrant than the ones we get here. The fish in the sea was abundant and the waters were crystal clear. Now i have an opportunity to smell and breathe the air that my forefathers breathed and walk the earth that they walked upon. In fact i have asked my aunties for the name of the village my grandparents lived in cos i intend to find and visit the village. Wish me luck!

This hailam brother is coming home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home