Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tempoyak!

On friday as i was finding my way through Gombak's Taman Greenwood I saw a durian stall by the roadside. I have not had durians for a long time so i was looking longingly at the thorny king of fruits and seated prettily on a collapsible table beyond that were some opened-up durians in styrofoam containers (some of us are too lazy to pry open the thorny shell to get to the delicious
fruit within) and some yellowy gooey stuff in plastic containers. I preened my eyes on it and realised that it could be...TEMPOYAK! Since i was at a traffic lights i was frantically searching for a place to turn around or park.
Why the sudden excitement? Well it's my 25%'s favorite, a city girl with a taste for the Kampung. She fell in love with the smelly thing while on our last day in Gunung Tahan when the guides cooked it for us. So i had to look for a parking to go buy it! Resourceful as i am and with a good sense for direction i found myself beside the stall neatly parked and jumped out to get it. After much questioning of the pakcik who sold it i bought one for my 25%. And my car smells like Tempoyak for the next 2 days till i delivered it to her house.
Now i sit quietly in anticipation for my 25%'s call. That would mean she has found out how to cook it and we will be dining at her place again. Such is the joy of Life!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Black Monet said...

You know... I still have loads of em..

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home