Sunday, January 10, 2010

2009 - It's A Wrap!

Another year passes us by and another year has passed me by. In my mothers' eyes it's another year her son escapes getting married again and it's another year gone for the asking. In 2010 i'm sure both of them will find new and more creative ways to ask me the same old question again.
Reflecting back on 2009, much have i experienced and done in the last 365 days. It was a year of Firsts' for me. I learned to breathe compressed air, snorkel like how it should be done and not drown myself, coordinated an LP...and what a ride it was for all concerned, ran a mini-marathon, swim competitively and almost bloody drowned myself in doing so, ran a jungle trek race, bowled, played Dodgeball and found out the HARD way that the concrete floor is actually harder than one's head and tho Rome may not be built in one day, the "ha-mou-lau" (bungalow in cantonese i think) grows in less than 10secs and that when one's head hits the ground it sure makes a loud noise! Hahaha...thank god my head didn't split in two. All these games that i participated in competitively was only made possible due to the 2009 AWLympics organized by LP Connection. It was also the first time i visited P. Redang, P. Tenggol to swim with the Whale Shark as well as swim with black tip sharks (small one la...approx 1m) in Langkawi. It was also the first time i stamped my passport in Macau & Hong Kong and a dream of many years (leads all the way to my childhood) came true, I visited Disneyland. That it was in Hong Kong did not matter. :) Oh...i also had my head shaved clean and bald for the first time in my life! That one is for my 25%.
My stepmom had a relapse of her cancer but the tough old lady is fighting it with a brave heart while my mother in Taiping has finally sold the old family house where she grew up in and slowly but surely is relocating herself here in KL. Hmm...does this mean she is closer now can bug me about marriage without opening her mouth but just giving me the Look?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home