Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Promise of Rain

As we trekked along the man-made seeking our waterfall we were swarmed by lots and lots of hungry mozzies. They must have been deprived of red hot blood for quite a bit as they stung us at the peril of their puny little lives. Our blood must have been sweet as they risked their lives to get a sip of our precious blood. I was oblivious to their incessant piercing of my skin as i enjoyed the cool calm serenity of the forest around me.

I breathed in the forest and as i looked skyward pass these giant fronds, i noticed that the heavens promised rain and a smile emerged from my weeks' long frowning face and the creases on my brow began to fade away. I welcomed the rain. Perhaps it shall wash away my stressed out weeks at work.

And droplets of rain began to fall...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home