Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Emergency

As my muslim friends celebrate Hari Raya today and i was about to head for Jo's barbi gathering at her pad...she called.

My immediate thought was that she was calling me to chase me about buying ice and drinks etc. She can be quite naggy at times, but this time she didn't sound bitchy and demanding but sounded rather solemn. She had just received a call from our aunty that our Uncle Wah Wah was very ill. He has been fighting with his cancer for about a year now and his condition was not good at all this very moment. We rushed over to his place to see him. He looked very frail and i don't think he could recognise us at all. He had hurt himself and we were trying to get him dressed and bring him to the hospital but he refused.

Sue, Andrew & Mom had got there ahead of us. Seeing him and my mom was rather gut wrenching as my mom spoke to Uncle Wah to calm him down and try to get him dressed. She is the eldest in her family. She has already lost one brother many years ago and now she is about to lose another. Prayer has made her strong and yet I could feel the pain she was going thru seeing her brother like in this condition and in pain. Looking at mom and Uncle Wah brought tears to my eyes as i could feel her pain. I know it would hurt as hell if i have to experience this with any one of my siblings.

As we are born, so too shall we die. It is inevitable. Between the two...life flows. Much is said about how life should be lived, how we should appreciate our loved ones, yet how many of us truly cherish our lives and our loved ones? Seeing the fragility of life & the inevitability of death...let us not leave anything unsaid or undone with our loved ones for when they are gone...only angels hears us. Speak while we yet live so that those of us alive can listen and experience all of who we are. Be we brothers & sisters, fathers & sons, mothers & daughters, we all have but one life.

Let us cherish each other...this lifetime!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger color rosa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:38 AM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

Thank you for the wishes and the thread served it's purpose.

For the forgiving, my apologies. My uncle's last gift to you and me and they say the dead carry no tales...

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home