Thursday, September 18, 2008

Am I Proud To BE Malaysian?

As I was about to gobble down my Nasi Lemak with beef rendang at Chawan, this question was asked of me. The acids in my stomach were screaming for that spoonful and when that question came up...the rendang almost fell off the spoon and onto the floor.

It stopped me and for a long while as i thought about it... even after our lunch date. It was not that i was not proud to be Malaysian but the question of what have i gotta be proud about had me in mm land for a bit. Conclusion is...What have i not to be proud about? We may never have been the first to send someone to the moon or conquered nations or beat another at football or even win the Olympics gold in badminton in Beijing nor is it about waving the jalur gemilang either but we have each other...Melayu, Cina, India, Punjabi, Kadazan and many more.

Our country, My beloved Malaysia may in a shambles right now but that is an expected chaos brought about by the want for change when the few make a stand for the many. Such are the ripples felt across the nation. Such is the price of change. I may not be politically savy nor am i politically inclined. I...like many, watch the news, read the blogs and the local media not knowing who is lying or who is telling the truth but as i shared with my deep thinking friend that we are perhaps choosing a lesser of two evils to lead the nation into the next millenia.

What then can i contribute towards a better Malaysia? How can i contribute and make this a nation we/i can be proud off? This had me thinking...Who am i, to be able to do such a thing? I know not about politics and i care less about it though i acknowledge it's importance and relevance. I do know that my dream is to live in a Malaysia that is truly muhibbah! I am committed to have such by creating intimate relationships with my brethen of all race and creed and together we will be proud MALAYSIANS! Like ripples we too shall break the monotony of what IS.

Negaraku,
Tanah tumpahnya darah ku...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

...sorry...:)

3:33 AM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

You made me think and i know what i can and will do to make this a country my children can be proud to call home! Don't be sorry. You made me STOP. LOOK. CHOOSE & VOTE! :)

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home