Monday, April 30, 2007

Tangga Lima Belas

That's 15 ladders for you. We actually had to climb up the mountain via 15 aluminium ladders secured to the mountainside.

Coming down ladders is one thing but climbing up ladders when you are dead tired and any mistake can drop you a long long way down is quite a challenge. No nets here. This mountain is by far the most technically challenging one as it has many highs and lows. We were constantly climbing up and down and up again and when we were up we had to carefully thread atop the narrow rocky ridge. No tripping or it's a shortcut to the valley below. Wise to keep the eyes wide open and the focus sharp.

As the going gets tough and exhausting a little bird flies down and hops amongst the bushes chirping away happily reminding me of Jesse and his "Happy Bird" and a smile came on my face as i see my little nephew's smile in my minds eye and this kept me going. As i walk i kept repeating to myself, "Happy Bird" with a smile on my face and peace in my heart. I just can't wait to see him. I began to miss the little tyke.
Finally at 1137hrs i arrived on the peak of Gunung Tangga Lima Belas exhausted & hungry but my spirit...high and so too was Saad's.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home