Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Old friends & New

Last weekend was an extended weekend for me. While I was on my way to Taiping i had a stop over in Ipoh to catch-up with an old friend.

She is a wonderful person and she is always ever ready to welcome me with open arms when i drop by Ipoh. We went for lunch at Old Town Kopitiam where we met this angel of a girl who was very friendly and talkative. She is only 6 years old and she is one smart cookie. She was asking us questions one would only expect of a child twice her age. Not only that...she asked us if we said "Grace" before partaking in our meal. Both my friend and i looked at her with mouths wide open just like what James normally does...now followed by his son Jesse, my friend said we did and this kid asked her to repeat it. She did and the kid told her she did it wrong and began to coach her to do it right. And she went on to tell us to be careful and beware of bogus religions and the only way is thru Jesus.

After taking her advise we started taking our lunch and she went on and on about this and that and then she asked me a question...in mandarin. All this while she was speaking in mandarin to us and when i told her i don't understand...well she did you some rather 'big' word...she said, "haiyo...wo men shih hua ren le..." wahlaueh...if i had dentures i would have to pick them off the floor. She then continued in mandarin and having an intelligent conversation with my friend.

Moral of the story...don't underestimate a 6 year old...with no front teeth. Damn chia lat!

2 Comments:

Blogger stevo said...

Are you sure she's 6? Maybe she's a midget.

7:59 AM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

Six and bogeh. I think she smarter than some of the buggers in parliament man.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home