Thursday, June 01, 2006

Taiping passport


Restoran Kakak...the place to meet and feed. I used to be able to belanja 5 people to a bowl of kai si meen and a teh peng each for RM10. Now that is not the case anymore.

Taiping does not have many hangs out during my time there. We only had a KFC and Mary Browns Fried Chicken in the whole of Taiping. So many a dates were had at this particular Restoran among others. I was not the fortunate few that had that experience since i left Taiping when i was 10...but brother long hair may be able to share a few of his dates.

To me and a lot of other Taipingites, my dad, aunties crazy cousins and of course the rest of the Blog Brothers, it is a place we MUST go and pay our respects and get our "passport" stamped. To the uninitiated a "passport stamp" is the delicious kai si meen and also a side order of kay pueh with taugeh which is sinfully and a highly toxic dish of chicken skin with bean sprouts, but then again we Taipingites live dangerously.

During this one moment of mad craving we don't give a fuck about calory counts, cholesterol and shit like that...at least i don't!

4 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

Are those yellowy thingy on the taugeh chicken fats ah ? Fuiyooo... memang "kau lat"

12:21 AM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

yellowy thing is chick skin..some fats removed but others left for effect.

2:25 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Ya Allah!! I already tried to refrain myself from chicken skin - I only eat KFC punya fried chicken skin - the rest, I usually skip taking them. Anyway, I guess, if I eat lard once every week also quite jia lat liao. Hehe!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Calven a.k.a. Racquel said...

I'm now working at Langkawi, tell me when you are going back to Taiping (if I got my leave back as well)... Email me.. and i'll tell you why... :p

email: calventeng@hotmail.com

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home