Saturday, May 20, 2006

Pedal Power.


In this land of dykes, there are lots of bikes. I have not seen so many bikes in one place. Bikes are parked all over the place and they are chained to almost anything, lampost, railings, trees, hydrants and even hung over bridge railings. And if you look closer you will find them chained with huge, thick chains unlike the bicycle locks we get here. Apparently they get stolen a lot.

They also come in many modifications of which i was not able to capture due to my Olympus camera's world class battery that dies on me whenever something interesting comes up. In this instance, my so called "kodak" moments of men in suits on bikes, mothers carrying kids on their bike carriers in the front and back. Ladies dress up for work cycling to the office. Unheard off in KL.
Then they have this variation of Thailands tuk tuk. Rather cool. Not as noisy and not so crazy. Very nice. These things ferry people round the city for tours. I don't know what they are called. Forgot to ask.

The bicycles here are pretty much like the infamous motorcycles of Penang...they rule the straats.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

Uhhh..bicycle is so romantic that it makes me weak at my knees.... In my dream my prince charming will come riding to my place on a bicycle with flowers, wine and baquette ....

9:03 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

You haven't been to China? Thought that place has more bicycles than anywhere else in the world combined!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home