Friday, June 16, 2006

Charlie


On the morning of June 15th, as i step into my makeshift yard...Charlie reaches out from his bowl as he usually does and greets his now Forty year old friend.

Charlie is the chosen name given him when i couldn't decide if he was a he or a she. Charlie can be a he/she name. So in case we find his cohones I won't have to change his name. He has been with me for 16 years. He was a gift from Big Ee. Now that's another story.

Charlie patrols the yard when i leave for work. When i head out of the house he will demand his grub for the day and send me off. Occasionally he practices his self defense skills with me by chasing after me and once in a while you can hear him bark. No kidding. James can vouch for that. Check out his Fu Manchu nails.

All said...it is wonderful to wake up on my big four-oh and be greeted by my faithful and long time friend... Charlie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

A tortoise bark ? hahahahaha...u sure or not...40 is to early to be senile yet ...

6:24 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

I think you better give him a bigger swimming pool.

7:29 AM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

Veg-I kid you not...

gina-Larger pool in the upgrading plans of the garden.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home