Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My Beautiful Backside...

39 years 364 days on i stand and look ahead of me, wondering what the future holds. I am standing on the threshold of the big Four-Oh. Just one more step and i will be there. My heart beats fast nervously in anticipation of the great unknown. I have learned from my journeys that fear and excitement bears the same andrenaline rush. Palms get sweaty, heart palpitating, pulse racing, lips dry...then the gentle breeze of calm falls over me.

The title may suggest an excellent posterior which i believe was the intention of whirlwind wendy but when i was about to change it i realised it spoke more of the beautiful backside of forty. The past 4 decades has been a colorful journey for me. The highs and lows, the joy, pain, misery, anger, rejoice, tears and happiness...all are experiences on my journey of life so far. Family and friends have i lost but new family and new friends i have gained too.

I was asked the question about life. How apt and how timely. To me life is about discovery, about exploring and about experiencing this beautiful universe that God has bestowed upon us. It's about Living and not merely to exist. With this knowledge in my backpack i look behind me...at the beautiful backside and count my blessings. I am blessed to have a wonderful family...crazy as they are, mad as they always will be, unorthodox in our ways and varied in our beliefs but bound by God's gift...LOVE!

With this i raise my head. Take a deep breath of life, utter a silent prayer of thanks to the Creator above for blessing my life with all that i have and all that i am and make a new choice. Geared with all that i have learned and experienced and the support of family and great friends, i step into the realm of the Big Four-Oh to further explore and discover the mysteries of life.
A new adventure begins...

I choose this stretch!

7 Comments:

Blogger stevo said...

Ding! Dong! Time's up, sucka! You are the Big Four-Oh! It's time you considered the scariest journey of your life....Marriage! It's time I had more bouncing nephews/nieces...

You can't run for ever...You can run but you can't hide...Be afraid! Be very afraid!!!.. Resistance is Futile...and other shit like that...

Happy 40th Birthday Boyo!!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

What about yourself Stevo? Just another 2 more years and you will join the crowd of big 40. Haha!

Happy birthday, Jeffrey! Thanks for reminding me that, life is not merely about existence, it's about experience.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Holi Wood said...

Happy Birthday, Jeff!

12:36 AM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

Yes..stevo 2 more years and you are it! So btr enjoy your soi nana while you can.

Gina & Holi Wood - mucho gracias!

2:53 AM  
Blogger Vegie said...

Hahahaha..is no accident or what.. you said it yourself, continue to explore life's mystery. So who posted the ad ? Happy birthday, Raja !

8:47 AM  
Blogger stevo said...

Hello! After 40 also can still enjoy Nana Entertainment Centre what... The sign at the entrance says 18 yrs and above only. It don't say above 18 yrs and below 40 yrs only. It's important to read the fine print. Partaay Onn!!

9:09 AM  
Blogger dreamie said...

Happy Belated Birthday !
"life is about living and not merely to exist" .. meaningful phrase.

seems like you do have a good
perspective in life. Cheers !!!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home