Friday, June 16, 2006

CeLeBraTioNs

Celebrations started the day before with my family. My sisters cooked up a wonderful meal with lou chee yook , fried chicken fillet/nuggets, mince pork omelet and vege. Wonderful home cooked dinner with my brothers and sisters who would not let me forget that i am 40!

More celebrations were to be had on the 15th itself. It started off with a morning filled will well wishes from friends and family. At around lunch a lady calls up to inquire about the sale of my car. I, thinking it was a joke, played along until i realised she was not joking and not someone i know. So i asked her where she got the info. She told me it is advertised in The Star! I went to check it out and it really was in The Star!
Some wanker had placed an add to sell my car! RM40 and negotiable too! I had 4 inquiries about it so far. People are quite gullible and of course there are those who would like to believe that it is true too. Suckers!

I been had and i have no clue who did it. Later at a surprise party organised by my beloved Luk Chats in manipulation with my muse....i still don't know who did it but the these are the following suspects. The infamous Luk Chats and adopted luk chats. I am sure the culprit is within this motley crue or are all of them in cahoots??? The mystery continues...
People generally get gifts on their birthdays. This is the first time in my life someone wants to sell my car for RM40 on my birthday! I guess it beats getting a bunch of "Happy Birthday" wishes all day. This is a "Forties Special" laced with "Why you want to sell your car for RM40? Really ah?" "Why you doing this?" "What you mean ..need suitor?" and the classic, " You sold it already? For how much? RM40? Thirty something? thanx anyway."

An extraordinary birthday celebration gifted by a bunch of Extraordinary friends and an extraordinary girlfriend. Muchos Gracias for a wonderful gift of your friendship and for bringing me into my BIG Four-Oh with more mystery! My life's journey is made more exciting, colorful and adventurous by my crazy, mad family and my just as crazy and mad extended family...the infamous LukChats! It would be a FANTASY for anyone but for me...a blessed reality.

I Love y'all!

4 Comments:

Blogger stevo said...

You sell your car for 40 bucks and you only get 4 callers? Tsk tsk...why doncha just give it away?

10:48 PM  
Blogger Vegie said...

Despite all the anxiety before hand, wasn't it a beautiful day ? The morale of the story , when the time comes, it will just happen, beautifully..* hint hint *

6:23 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Sorry, Wendy, for not sending my "mah chais" to make the calls to Jeff. Haha! Too busy that day!

7:33 AM  
Blogger dreamie said...

times like this is jus priceless !

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home