Thursday, July 02, 2009

Distress Calls

A month ago today, I came home to a house filled with shrill chirpings. I thought Bonnie & Clyde was having a squabble. Maybe he didn't do the dishes or she didn't make the bed or probably let Jr play in heavy traffic, but as i opened my door i saw what the commotion was all about. Jr must have tried to come out of the nest and got his tiny claws trapped in the fibrous material that mummy & daddy used to build his crib. Worst off was when i noticed his tongue was also entangled in the material. I quickly went in and grabbed my pen knife to cut him loose. It was a delicate situation cos his tongue was entwined in the fine sharp threads. I ever so carefully sliced through the threads while cupping the tiny little creature as gently as i can and finally released the poor screming things. All this while mummy & daddy stood watch. Helpless and scared for their only child. I did my best to remain as inconspicuos as i can so that i don't add to the new parents grief.
Jr was safed that day but a couple of days later he passed on and went to the Great Big Sky in heaven. Now and then Bonnie & Clyde still fly in and chirp for their Jr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home