Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dogs Day Morning

Last week on my weekly cholesterol burning, muscle toning and heart pumping trip to Gasing Hill with my Eco scheming buddies, we ran into a group of dog lovers. You can tell from the way they are with their dogs...all lurve!

I'm not too into doggies apart from their styles, was wondering if we should walk thru them or cut a path way off them. See... i have a thing for dogs since my first race with them many many years ago. It was when i was 9 or 10 i reckon when a bunch of us in my Taiping neighbourhood of Taman Aun Say was mucking around during the school holidays when this big black dog barked so ferociously from the last house on the row. It shocked the shit out of us, and boys being boys we barked back. There were 8 of us i recall, we barked louder than the dog and i think he was pissed. He started jumping up and down and banging the gate which was a good 6 feet high. We were laughing and barking and then time stood still...

Our laughter and smiles turned to screams and our faces ashen as the BIG BLACK DOG manage to squeeze out of the fucking gate! Ahhhh....we turned and ran. I ran as fast as my short legs could carry me. The rest of the gang didn't hang around either. I must have ran the fastest end-to-end of the block (that's ten houses) race in my life. I never looked back. I faced straight ahead and I was hell bent on getting my ass away from the jaws of Cujo. It seemed like the longest minute till i heard the screams of the rest of the gang to stop. We had a good laugh after but during the moment it was scarry as shit! I don't hate dogs, I just stay clear off them.

Even dogs need markers on their trails just so their owners/masters don't get lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home