Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Maturity & Change



Maturity & Change is the new favorite word of the press, politicians, uncles sipping kopi 'o' at the kopi tiams, cafes, pubs, bars and the emergency staircases the world over.
It's happening all over the world. Senator's Obama, Clinton & Mc Cain is advocating change. Russia is having a change with Medvedyev taking over the helm from Putin. Malaysian's are demanding for CHANGE! Exhibited here by the recent elections where many Malaysians have voted for unheard off candidates from the Opposition Parties just to deny the ruling party a two thirds majority. All races are voting in parties that are traditionally taboo to them. Parties which they deem as the enemy to put it drastically. Why? B'cos Malaysians want... Change!
Me...I'm experiencing a change too. I have been reading about the political happenings in my country since the elections. Something which i never gave a fuck about. To me politics is a dirty word and politicians are fuckers...whoever they are, but they are a necessary evil as a friend once pointed out to me. I am learning...still. So my dear politicians (Ruling party & Opposition Alliance), as much as i abhor the shit that you do sometimes, I admire the balls you have to take office and stand to be judged by the likes of me. We have given you the mandate to run our beloved Malaysia...so take good care of her so that we will see her turn 100 peacefully and in prosperity.
Perhaps I too am maturing...finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home