Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentines & Chor Pat

Obviously chor pat (8th day of CNY and eve of the Hokkien new year) is a bigger thing than Valentines but it still doesn't stop them lovebirds out there cooing till midnight and then all hell breaks loose as the Hokkiens light up the crackers and blow the night away.
Sumandak and I had a very personal Valentines celebration with no waiters or other lovebirds in sight. We have never been one of those to go crazy with this ang moh celebration. To us it is a day marked for appreciating each other and acknowledging that appreciation. Besides we didn't want to miss the finale of The Amazing Race Asia. :) We rushed home as early as we could so I could cook her a little something nice. No nasi goreng or fu kua kai this time. I decided to cook the one western dish that she likes...agli olio.
Now no western would be complete without a soup, so Cambell's Chicken and Mushroom soup it was but with added White Oyster Mushrooms fresh from Jusco. I thot a threesome would be nice, so i cooked an extra dish...brocolli with white sauce.
No candlelights. We were too engrossed in the Race while we were enjoying the food and each others company. The Amazing Race theme song was our romantic music for the nite.

This is the state of my kitchen when Hurricane Valentine went through it.
I'm glad that we automatically share our chores. When i cook sumandak will wash and she is also my first cutter. Just gets damn emotional when she cuts the onions though. Well after all the washing we were treated to non stop fireworks near my house courtesy of the Hokkiens. It was prettier than the ones we saw on New Years day.
Happy Valentines y'all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Happy Belated Valentine's Day! I see you are enjoying yourself. :D

10:17 PM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

Life is to be lived my friend.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home