Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Ratz

The time for spring cleaning is come and most of us chinese families are doing our annual cleaning sessions in the home for the coming Chinese New Year.

Ratz here had the same idea too...he came in the nite and tried to clean up the food from my kitchen. Like a thief in the nite he nibbled away at the plastic bag containing my biscuits and of course i was damn sore. I set my trusty Rat Buster in the kitchen and for the first nite all was quiet but on the second nite he couldn't resist and "snap"...he was caught. He was scared like a rat...what did you expect! I was judge, jury and executioner. I did not kill him immediately cos i was late for work so he had another 12hours to breathe his last breath, say his prayers and send his messages.

It was raining very heavily when i came back and the little bugger was soaking wet and shivering. I was hungry. I decided to cook and eat with sumandak while i contemplated his fate.
While we ate, he looked at me with his pitiful little eyes and shivered. He was cold and hungry. I gave him some carrot and later decided to light him a candle. That was the decent thing to do after all it was his last supper.

When morning came...i had a change of heart. It was to be his year come Feb 7th and i was about to take his life. He came to forage for food for his survival. I too work for the food i put on my table but i did not have to be put to death for it. He did not deserve to die because he was hungry.

As i left the house i brought him down to the field and i bade him well and we both went our separate ways. Good luck Ratatouille.

4 Comments:

Blogger klyn2980 said...

Awww... Thst's so kind of you... 'Fong Sang' will accumulate good luck! Gong Xi Fa Xai! May all be well with you and your family!

4:08 AM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

If only you cld see the look in his eyes...you wld let him go too. :)Gong Xi Fa Cai to you too.

2:07 PM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

By the way where in the blogsphere can i catch a glimpse into your part of the world?

2:14 PM  
Blogger klyn2980 said...

Yes there is... IS there any way you could forward me your email add?

I'll mail it over, I've just started a new domain and trying to keep unwarrented ppl from prying into my private world, lol! (Note: Keep the ex at bay, lol)

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home