Friday, January 11, 2008

Becoming ONE

The year started with me being involved with a great team of people in creating the Asiaworks All LP Rally 08. This is a weekend away for LPs. It is a weekend to get acquainted, reconnected, have fun and leave the weekend learning and even reconnecting with oneself and one another.
Kind of a reunion amongst friends. It is open to all grad LPs.

One of the most touching moments for me was when the LPs started piecing up the jigsaw mural which was at a huge 8' x 16' piece by piece. They were like ants passing and piecing up the pieces one by one in silence and as the puzzle became more and more visible there were tears in my eyes and many others too for i guess we all recognise that LP is what started it all for us. It started for me some 9 years ago.

Rally Team committee gets to run away with the banner.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Black Monet said...

Reading your post with blurry eyes too...no,I'm not lou fa like you. But I feel you. I wished so much to be there but mommy duties doesn't allow me to 'take leave'.All the while when all my LP family and my own family were at LP Rally,my heart was there. I was a bit sour about not being able to go. But I thought it's ok,I can still be there in spirit. Looking at your pix and reading your post now...I feel really touched. Thank you. Reminds me why it's important and why we need to keep LP alive. It also started for me when I crossed the line some 6/7 years ago...I'm LP49. It has brought me many happiness and blessings in my life...and friends like you...25% all the way!

8:53 AM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

I felt You my 25% especially when Herman did the jig when a lizard ran across the hall. Now we all know where you got your "drama-ness" from. :) I missed you thr but i knew you were there too.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Black Monet said...

Eh!! My Dad is REALLY afraid of cicak ok... No joke!! Last time my grandfather sell eggs...family business..he literary threw 20 stacks of eggs because of a damn cicak!! Then of course he got punished la... lol!!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Black Monet said...

Eh!! My Dad is REALLY afraid of cicak ok... No joke!! Last time my grandfather sell eggs...family business..he literary threw 20 stacks of eggs because of a damn cicak!! Then of course he got punished la... lol!!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Black Monet said...

Eh!! My Dad is REALLY afraid of cicak ok... No joke!! Last time my grandfather sell eggs...family business..he literary threw 20 stacks of eggs because of a damn cicak!! Then of course he got punished la... lol!!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Black Monet said...

Eh!! My Dad is REALLY afraid of cicak ok... No joke!! Last time my grandfather sell eggs...family business..he literary threw 20 stacks of eggs because of a damn cicak!! Then of course he got punished la... lol!!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home