Friday, January 11, 2008

Reading Glasses

Reading glasses are an intellectual lot. They can read where others can't.

It all came about one morning when i went to the loo and as many of my ancestors have done before me...i reached out for the magazines which is readily available in my loo and started flipping the pages. My focus was rather blurry so i reached out for some water and washed my eyes, after all i had just woken up but to my amazement the pages in front of me were still rather blurred. I flipped to the page where the bikini clad model was and i was relieved to be able to see the curvy contours cleary...phew! Hence i left it at that and went about my business thinkin...perhaps my eyes hadn't woken up is all.

Days, weeks and months went by and i never missed a pretty face or a hot bod so i was not much bother till i started picking up a book to read and i couldn't see the words without putting it out in front of me...at a distance. Taking pictures was a bother too as "the camera took too long to focus". Bugger! Houston...we have a problem!

Spoke to whirlwind and she asked me to go for a check up and i finally did...yesterday. The optometrist zapped my eye with his laser thingy and out came the results after a bit. He looked at it and said, "Sir...your eye sight is perfect." I was relieved but i said, "Words aren't clear enough for me." and he asked my age to which i retorted, "fourtyone".

"Oh! You need reading glasses. Old eye flower (translated from cantonese) sir." Well on the bright side...my vision is still perfect. Girls! Keep looking good!

6 Comments:

Blogger Black Monet said...

Hahhahahahhaha!! And you think you'll always be 18 my friend?

8:56 AM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

Never 18 my dear...23 always! :)

8:17 PM  
Blogger LavenderFloret said...

hoho, sumone old liao

6:07 PM  
Blogger Shamini said...

You getting on my friend .... your optometrist called you SIR ... that was the signal ! Get the damned glasses ... you would want to see waht you sign right ?

5:14 PM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

It is inevitable but so long as the spirit is young...youth lives one. :)

8:33 PM  
Blogger Pat Voo said...

Gosh! Some one is soooo... in denial.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home