Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Day 7 - Journey's End

On the 7th day God took a rest but we couldn't, we still had a long way out to Kuala Tahan.

Oddly enough I have no pictures of Kem Tengah at all. It was the camp i liked the least. It gave me the shivers. Taking water was a long way off the camp and the place had an eerie feel to it. Once we had settled into out tents after dinner we never came out. Not even for a pee. I was unfortunate to have that natures calling at anout 2230hrs. I just pulled my mug in from outside the tent and pissed in there and pour it outside the tent. Why? The place was just scary after dark. There were all kinds of sounds and my imagination was alive. Slept i did only to wake up at 0700hrs.

Made my cup of Nescafe in the same cup that i pissed in and had Maggi before clearing out of camp by 0845hrs. I think all of us wanted to get to Kuala Tahan as fast as possible. My mind was on coconut water and some good hot food. There were request for ice kacang and so on. It was not so hilly but it was hot and balmy and still downhill so the toes keep on hurting and i can feel them getting numb. I was numb too. Nothing matter anymore. My mind was on the coconut water and Kuala Tahan.

It took me 7 hours from Kem Tengah to reach Kuala Tahan and to be greeted by a wildboar foraging at the edge of Taman Negara HQ campsite.

We were totally exhausted when this picture was taken of me next to a big mother of a tree but the guy holding the camera was just as breathless hence the shaky picture. 7 days and at least 110km (ranger says it is at least 3 times that distance on the ground) on, we finally were at the end of our journey.

Finally my dream to trek the Merapoh-Kuala Tahan trail has been realised. Meow and I have made it happen. Took us 2 years from the day we said we wanted to do it with Ahmad. Last year he had high blood pressure and by God's grace he is healthy and able this year. 2 years in the plan and 7 days on foot.

Woohoo! We did it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home