Saturday, January 06, 2007

Backpack & Barait


One of the main things I delclared for myself this year is that 2007 will be an adventurous year for me. Try new things and see new places. I ended 2006 by kick starting the new declaration one month early.

Dec 2006 saw me invest in the Deuter Air-Contact 50+10. A big step in my declaration to discover Gunung Tahan. Set me back about RM400 plus. This backpack will take me accompany me on the Banjaran Titiwangsa from Merapoh in Kelantan to Kuala Tahan in Pahang an 8day 7night trail. A mega challenge for me. I haven't even tracked more than 2days in a row. Well I have declared and so it shall be done. My wow for 2007.

On my wonderful trip to Kota Belud last month i happen to set my eye on the barait a Dusun backpack if you will. It is meant to carry their bekal and parang when they go to the kebun or hutan. It should be able to carry 20litres if i am not mistaken. I guess i will be using this on my one day treks. The dusun lady i bought it from says that if i were to use it regularly it will last 2 to 3 years, if not it will just waste away. Hmm...so much like life, use it well or loose it anyway.

Well i guess i am prepared with the tools for my adventure, now to prepare myself and be fit physically as well as mentally. Time to bring out my Be, Do, Have manual and CarpeDiem!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home