Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Long Road to Sumandak's Home

The long road to sumandak's home did not start at KB town. It began somewhere in June this year. We have been together for about a year plus now and this year i had thought of making the trip...but thinking does not make the mountain move right?
It was not a mega difficult decision. It was more of a mental masturbation...to go or not to go thingy. Making this trip would be making a big statement for me and for her and her family. A huge commitment to undertake for the likes of me. I told myself i would go if she invited me because it is a big thing for her too. It would be her making a statement too. They are a pretty conservative christian family and their children do not normally bring a date home unless they have intention to marry them or else they WOULD HAVE to marry them. Now that's scary is it not? Especially a commitmentphobic such as i.
In October my sumandak pops me the question..."Would you like to spend Christmas in my hometown?" I had it! I had to decide. I HAD to make a choice! This is rather uncomfortable for me. Since 1998 i have been asking people to Make A Choice, Make A Stand! It was a common mantra amongst LP seniors. Now i stand between me, myself and I...Make A Choice!
Choose i did and here i am sitting in a red kanchil heading to the humble home of Bangali. The road here has been long and colorful and not without mixed feelings and anxieties but I have Chosen and nervous as i am, i am enjoying & experiencing my experience.
I choose this stretch!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

Life Trekker, this is it, the road that has been awaiting you. Go go go !

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home