Tuesday, December 26, 2006

AK 5112

Boarded AK5112 on fri 22nd for Kota Kinabalu.

I am beginning my 2007 resolutions early this year. It begins where 2006 ends...well, almost. I am boarding AK5112 to the wrath of my little sister Jo. She insists and believes i should be spending my Christmas with La Familia.

I risked her fury to do something different. Celebrate Christmas in a strange land amongst strangers and not only that...eat strange things too. Also cos my sumandak invited me to spend Christmas in her kampung. It didn't feel good to be spending Christmas away from La familia but my adventurous spirit was driving me on.

Arrived in KK at approximately 1am, headed straight to Liah's house and immediately my palate entrusted to the interestingly red fleshed durian only it was not called a durian. I forget the name though. Tasted like potato and smelled a little of the more pungent durian.


Breakfast on saturday morning was a whiter shade of kon loh mee ala sabah and coffee the likes of Coffee Bean...just way way cheaper. Now that the tummy is fuelled we were ready for the next destination.

Sister Jo is still pissed (as i just found out today) all the way from Coombabah Australia, that i am not spending Christmas with La Familia. Ironic no?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

Hey, congratulations for starting your 2007 resoulution early. As the saying goes "Early bird gets the most worm" - sure you are going to have a bountiful 2007 !

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home