Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Krismas di Tamu Darat

This is SIB Pinasang Tamu Darat where i joined in the Christmas mass. This is the very first time i participated in one and the best part...it's in Bahasa. The sermon and the hymns were in Bahasa too. Sermon was about Man and his responsibilities...to his wife, children and society. I thought the pastor was being rather boring as there were a few people nodding off but I 'heard' what he was preaching. I got my message from Him. Sia dengar mu bapak.

Yesus has his own karaoke set for the carollers and pretty cool too. There are no reindeers here so we thought we'd do with a christmas cat. After service i adjourned to YB's house for a Christmas lunch of crabs, prawns, yam leaves, wogok (pig), sapi (cow) and colored cakes and a brandy laced fruit cake from KL...my contribution.

This sapi is from YB's stock which was slaughtered a day before for the festivities. No Jo's chicken pie, turkey, lamb or even wine for me this Christmas.

A different place, a different family, a different experience...a whole new world.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ccw suan said...

I saw a lot of your pics and very nice, and this one in Tamu Darat??Its near where i live, i know a lot people there but i dont know all the new generation.Very nice, i really miss home when i see this.

11:59 PM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

I'm glad i'm able to bring a piece of your kampung to you. It's a lovely plc. Book on Air Asia and fly home...once in 3mths is good for a start. I'm sure your saudara mara misses you too. :)

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I am Sabahan...

Have a nice life Journey kio..

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home