Friday, June 20, 2008

Wooden Heart

As i walk thru my "church" FRIM last sunday June 15th, i chanced upon a familiar sight. A heart shaped pod. How i came to recognise it was from my experience from the past 72hours. I realised i had a wooden heart.

The 72hours before this day many an event occured. I had just broken up and out of a 3 year old relationship. Had my first flaming lambroughini, drank hard liquor, got pissed drunk, threw up and threw up some more and was driven home by my hou heng tai to his home. I was so pissed that even my legs felt like jello. My hou heng tai promised that he would stop the sky and the world from spinning as he drove me home with his wife and it did stop... I think. Stepping into a new age alone again was not as scary as journeying on with someone i could not promise a lifetime together with hence i chose to step out and let her go. Not heroic but painful cos i hurt her more than i will ever know and she chose to accept and released me with such graciousness that hurt more as i realised that she was practising the age old adage of "If you love someone, set them free."

As i stand at the entrance to my weekend trek, i prayed for her strength & courage, and i ask the Lord to protect her and heal her heart as i walk into the unknown.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Black Monet said...

sigh........................................... 25% dunno what to say... all said d.............. sigh..............!!

9:22 AM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

All of me knws how my 25% feels abt this and thank you for always supporting me...i may be wrong abt this but i feel i hav to go thru with this...

10:22 PM  
Blogger Vegie said...

Is better to love and lost it than never to love at all. Warrior of the Heart, I salute you. Send positive vibes to heal your heart ...as wood softens over time and it embraces the mother earth, a cycle begins

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home