Saturday, May 17, 2008

John Voo's Pass

So named by me after a Big, Strong & Friendly guy name John Voo of course, known to all standing on this ridge. He was our Eco Challenge 2003 sweeper for that event. A sweeper is the last man following the last team up the mountain. It was a harrowing experience for the poor chap as the last team had so many starts and stops that it was torture for the big guy. Imagine if you are all warmed up and charged up to go and all off a sudden you have to STOP cos a member of the last team needs to stop. I know how it feels so in honour of his contribution i named this stretch John Voo's Pass.
Chi Yan getting stuck between a rock and a hard place. Ah Beng showing the tight squeeze that John Voo had to pass thru and JV is not a small fellow i tell you.

Chi Yan & Jynnie getting the hang of things.
This pass is quite challenging as it is a tight squeeze and the ridge that we have to walk on is rather narrow. Can only be traversed single file. No shoving and pushing here or it's down the ravine you go...which is a rather long drop.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger classyadele said...

So you like tramping. Should pay a visit to NZ - lots of good walks...plus, we dont have to deal with snakes, leeches, centipedes and the likes here...it's a safe, clean and cool (weather-wise) country!

4:16 AM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

I love it! NZ is on my list of places to visit. I'm sure i'll love it. :)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Pat Voo said...

Looking at these pictures sure reminds me of my long deprived passion for trekking. Those good old days that I get a good sweat and yummy food that usually comes along after the conquer.

Angsi is sure a place I need to and have to conquer one day. This is the place that terminated JV's trekking interest. He never trek (not even FRIM) after that. So, I got to experience it to find out why.

8:43 PM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

I'm more than willing to bring you mamasan. Just say the word! :)

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home