Saturday, May 17, 2008

Angsi Revisited

April 20th, 2008 is the 5th anniversary of AWLP Eco Challenge 2003 Junglethon to the day. It also marks the day i revisit Gunung Angsi (825m...that's 2700ft) 5 years on.

Gunung Angsi also happens to be the very first mountain that i trekked. Before this, my thirst for adventure took me only as far as FRIM until the fateful day i met Tiger of LP17. The man was responsible for inviting me onto the Eco Challenge commitee and for leading me up this, my very first mountain. He too was responsible for motivating me and not giving up on me when i had already given up on myself halfway up the mountain just before "John Voo's Pass". First time up can be a jelly-legged experience even for those whose thirst for adventure is akin to that of an alcoholic seeking his beer. He pulled out a pack of Tiger Biscuits and within minutes my energy and spirit came back to strenghten my jelly-like-legs and me back on track for the final push to the peak. I swear if it had not been for him i would have given up and waited for them to pick me up on their way down.

The picture above is not the peak of Angsi but a view of neighbouring mountains from Angsi's peak. B'cos of Tiger, i now bring friends and people crazy enuf to spend a weekend trekking our beautiful mountains.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home