Friday, May 25, 2007

My Bonsai

I have had this Bonsai for the longest time...if memory serves me it has been 20years since i got it. It is still growing strong and it will be blooming pretty white "lantern-like" flowers not long from now.

My mother and my mom both love gardening. My mother inculcated in me the love for plants and gardening. She used to teach me to sing songs like Eidelwise and always was busying herself in the garden where i had my first experience with a garden spade and learned the warmth of mother earth. The smell of upturned earth and the green of grass was like an tonic that would make my world beautiful. The warm soil in my hands as i helped my mother with the repotting or weeding made me feel one with mother earth. It was love at first touch.

When i moved to KL i became my mom's gardener as she would get me what i wanted to do up the garden. I was in charge of the garden. She loved plants but was not too crazy about getting her hands dirty...then. Now she has a garden so pretty i'm envious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home