Saturday, March 10, 2007

Lor Mai Farn

When in Taiping or for that matter anywhere you call "hometown"...indulge!

This here lor mai farn was only known to me not too long ago. It started with my aunty Shirley, who loves lor mai farn. There was one apek who lived next to our 10, Harrison Street home who sells this stuff and was pretty good till he moved away or retired. I don't know. Since then the search was on till mom discovered this particular stall at the Taiping Market.

Mom, an ever willing listener to anybody who was willing to share whatever they thought was good till proven otherwise bought it back for aunty Shirley and since that first bite she was hooked. Glutinous rice is not something i particularly look out for but after my first bite, i too was hooked. In hindsight not really true actually. If memory serves me correctly, when i was living in Grik with Steve and dad kon lou meen & lor mai kai was my staple diet for breakfast. No wonder i was rather Georgie Podgie then. I thot i was that way cos i came from St. George before that.

Enough of being sidetracked. Back to lor mai farn. Even the familiar red shirted guy can't wait to have his share. He and his mom Shirley bought 30 packets...some are for friends etc if they are to be believed... :)

One should try it with salted fish added to it. Mmm...si pei song!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home