Thursday, February 22, 2007

Reunion Dinner

Eve of CNY is always a time where families get together and partake in the annual reunion dinner. This year is no different.

Me being of one too many moms had a rather tricky situation. This year's reunion is once again in KL for me with my stepmom and her siblings. This year we have kung kung, yee ku poh and her back-from-England son and friend.

We started with the customary Yee Sang a favorite of my stepmom's. Apparently this dish originated from Penang and not from China or Hong Kong or so i was told. Food was okay but for my brother-in-law's rather enthusiastic ordering which had us gorging through 13 dishes of chinese cuisine. Blooming gut ripping stuff. At the end of the night we were up to our eyeballs in food. A lot of food was packed back for breakfast of chap sui or whatever. I didn't want to know about it anymore. I was just numb from eating too much.

Thus we ended the year of the dog and readied ourselves for the year of the Golden Pig. Hmm...was that why we were eating like Pigs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home