Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hainanese Chicken Rice

Forty years and this is the first time and also my very first attempt at cooking Hainanese Chicken Rice. I cooked it based on memories of watching my ah por cook it in her kitchen. I'm proud to say that it turned out pretty well if i do say so myself.
I boiled the chicken in some herbs to give it a little taste. I overboiled the chicken and the flesh did not turn out as springy as i would have loved it to be.
More spices dumped into the rice to make sure it had that hailam taste.

My overcooked and very dead chicken came out rather soft. I had my sumandak helping me in the kitchen and throughout the whole process i learned that i can be rather a stubborn and controlling person. Hmm...even in the kitchen we learn things. Interesting no?
I have Drama Mama to thank for finally cooking my first Hainanese Chicken rice and also for finally starting to cook again in my kitchen. If she had not given me moral support with this, the chicken would have been in someone elses kitchen and my kitchen would remain dormant and unused for the next 40 years. So finally my Hainanese Chicken rice was presented and devoured by The Pinkies at The Pinkies Christmas Get2Gather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home