Thursday, December 20, 2007

Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep

Every morning at around 0830hrs without fail my humble abode is filled with the noisiest screech which comes from the heavens above and as loud as their noise travels through the chilly morning air...this chilly air comes during the months of Oct thru Dec, two of the liveliest little fellas will fly in thru the roof of my airwell and flit from trees to pot to wherever they can settle down.

They are these tiny little sunbirds which joyfully sing their greetings and frolick amongst my plants and perhaps looking for some morsels of food early in the morning. I have been trying to take a shot of them for the longest time but they flit about so fast that before i can take a shot they are outta there only to return minutes later. This time i got lucky. It's like a ritual for them and my garden is blessed with their presence every morning.

Finally my vision of having a garden where birds will fly in for visits has come true. I made a declaration some ten years ago to have a garden up in my humble abode where birds will come and frolick in...and voila...here they come. Their presence and chirpings fills my humble abode with such joy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

Wow nice shot of the birdies. Beautiful shot. But 10 years of effort, that is a lot of patience and commitment. Makes me think commitment does bring good things...*wink wink*

12:24 AM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

Good things comes to those who wait... :)

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home