Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ethan My Son by Pat

Today is 27 Nov 2007. Ethan is exactly 16 months and 9 days old. He is a cute little boy, smart, expressive, loud, mischievous, active & sociable. He love being around with people, getting all the attention. When he made a funny expression, it can bring the sun out. When he manja his daddy, it is so sweet that it melts my heart. Talk about shifting, he could be crying with tears and the next moment, laughing out loud with tears still wet on the face.

It's amazing to see how fast he is growing. The memories of having him in my tummy seems like just yesterday. I still can remember the pain of my wound after the C-session to take him out. That fragile, not good looking little baby has become a toddler running in the house with mummy chasing him like mad woman. Most of my time is spent playing with him, entertaining him, stopping him from playing with switches, electrical appliances, stopping him from eating the fruits for praying, guarding him while he climbs the stairs, etc. So, if you guys ask me "How was my weekend?" This is how it looks like:

Every minute of my weekend (except sleeping time) is filled with activities. When he wakes up, all the time is dedicated to him. When he sleeps, that is the only time I have to clean the house, iron clothes, prepare for cooking, etc. Meals are no longer about tasting the food and enjoy the ambience. It's about practising the skill of keeping his mouth full while I find time to shaft a spoonful in my own. Is it tiring? Yes, damn tiring! The key is - it is also FUN and rewarding. Seeing the little fella walking on his own, seeing him picking up things himself, seeing him dancing, hearing him singing (or was it humming?) to the music, money can't buy that kind of joy.

Well, things are not always rosy. When he started throwing tantrum like a little "sakai", he is testing his parents' patience to the max. There are many instances that he is at the verge of getting a spank. So far, he has been lucky. Don't how long that luck is going to last him. Sigh! I went through emotional roller coaster without doing Basic Training. Hahahaaa... The mummies out there will share my feelings and know exactly what I am talking about. :)
Overall, it is a joy having him and he makes me feel proud. Sometimes, when I watch the little fella sleeping, I felt disbelieve. I couldn't believe this little fella loved by so many people is my son. You mean I "made" him? He is "mine"? Cannot be. Too good to be true. Hahahaaa... silly, huh? :) I guess, that's my pig talking.

One thing for sure, I love this little fella to bits.

-Pat-

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat Voo said...

Jeff, you owe me copyright fees for posting this.

9:20 PM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

My apologies for not informing you earlier. I experienced a special moment and i wanted to immortalise it so that when Ethan is of age he can read this and know how lucky he is to hav you as his mummy.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Black Monet said...

OOii... pat's blog or yours? Hehhehee!! But but that's soo nice.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home