Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ink to Skin


It was in Bangkok on a hot afternoon that my cuz and i went to the Royal Palace for a royal visit and then headed to Khaosan and got this tattoo.

I decided to get one to signify a phase of my life or perhaps it was something youthful to do. Hmm...not letting go of my youth could be one, rebel against the norm...who knows. I do know that i do want to put something that would be significant to me, after all it's not like you can wash it off if you decided you don't want it anymore. Of course they can use a laser to burn it off you but that would be rather painful.

I chose the yin & yang for what it signifies...balance. No good no bad, Light & darkness, Hard & soft, Masculinity & feminity...all One with the universe. I chose the sun to encompass it as the sun signifies life for me. Living LIFE in balance is my message. Very calming effect. A constant reminder that good comes with the bad and vice versa...so live life to the fullest. No excuses.

Cest la vie!

3 Comments:

Blogger dreamie said...

darned cool ...

8:39 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I think it's quite "beng". *Scurried away*

8:44 PM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

dreamie-i think so too..
gina-it's oriental sweetie, not "beng"..perhaps to remind me i'm chinese. Ha ha ha

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home