Sunday, July 02, 2006

Brasil oh Brasil

What has happened to the Joga Bonito that is synonymous with Brasilian football? I knew France would beat this Brasilian team . Not because I am a fortune teller but I wanted this Brasil team to be knocked out.

Why? I have loved watching Brasil play since I was kid. A friend told me of this Pele who is Brasilian and the magical things they did on the field. Playing football like the Harlem Globetrotters played basketball. I was curious and went in search of this team... Brasil and when i chanced upon the video I spent no time in getting it and my love affair with Brasil began. I had found my idols. My heroes. To date the best Brasilian team i have watched live on TV is the team of 82' with the likes of Socrates, Zico, Alemao, Junior, Cerezo and Falcao. They were knocked out by Italy but they played with panache.

Today with the likes of Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Robinho they pale in comparison to the greats of 82'. How apt then to have France beat them for the semi-final spot, with Zizou ochestrating the midfield and playing joga bonito like Brasil used to. I await the day Brasil play with passion for the game again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home