Friday, April 21, 2006

Passing of a Matriach

On April 11th, 2006...the Tan family lost a matriach to old age. She was at the ripe old age of 88. My grandmother...to me she was the best cook in the world, to some of us she was love and and patience and also "Don Corleone" as she was in control of things when my grandfather passed away.

She is such a bundle of energy. I never saw her stop doing anything. She would busy herself in the kitchen all day. Cooking this and that. She never seemed to stop. I only see her stopping at 4pm daily...for a spot of tea. Tea was a ritual for our family, a colonial practice from my grandparents days of serving the the mat sallehs at the Maxwells Rest House in Taiping.

She was the strength for the family when we our family went through our bad times. A smallish woman from the Island of Hainan, came to Malaya as a promised bride to my grandfather. Went up Maxwell Hills to work with my grandfather there as caretakers and cooks for the Govt Rest House.

Farewell to a strong, loving & caring woman. A wife, a mother, a grandmother...our ah poh. My ah poh.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

Goodbye A Poh ! Sure A Poh will be making tea again for her friends in heaven and serve roti kahwin

10:27 PM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

i am very sure she is in a very happy plc now. with her friends and in her kampung as she has always wanted to return to.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Aiks!! The happening ah poh?? The one that swears a lot?? Some more James said not very close.. apalah.

My condolences dude. I think I saw her once when I crashed into your house on CNY a very, very long.. long time ago.

11:12 AM  
Blogger pathfinder said...

not the ciggie toting one but the one in Aun Say. She doesn't whip ass but whips a great meal anytime.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Aiyah. Banyak sorry boss!!

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home