Monday, February 07, 2011

Reunion Dinners and Gatherings

Reunions dinners and gatherings are the highlight for me during CNY. This is the time "The Family" gets to gather and ask silly and stupid questions like, "When are you getting married?" by 25 different people from brothers, sisters to uncles and aunties and the occasional invited guest. That is one question nobody tires of asking or is it the only thing that comes to mind when wanting to make conversation.
I thought it was a "thing" with my family but from conversations with friends i have come to realise "IT" is the universal question of everybody, anybody and busybodies wanting to say something and the pitiful singles people become their unwanted victim. At the end the unmarried still end up the winners when they walk away with "ang pows" in hand. So i say unto thee...let them ask away as we walk away with "ang pow" in hand.

I love reunion dinners and family gatherings just cos i get to meet up with my brothers & sisters, my cousins, nephews and nieces and of cos my moms and dad. It is a time to catch up and be surprised at how the other has grown and matured and sharing tall tales of yesteryears and new added tales to our lives and eat good and some not so good homecooked food.

I'm glad this year i had plenty of opportunity to catch up and visit the rest of my family. I also had the opportunity to host a gathering at our new place too. This is a tradition i hope to preserve and continue. To be able to share a meal, a conversation and laughter is a blessing.
I am blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home