Sunday, August 26, 2007

Mr. Engelbert

He started the nite with...You are the sunshine of my Life, and the rest was a belting of his hits such as Release Me, Last Waltz, Quando Quando Quando...and many more. 40 years on and he still mesmerizes the crowd and his fans.
Mr Engelbert mesmerised mother, mom and weni. In fact i was just as enthralled. He had us all singing with him and all the "oldies" in the house sang along...as if they were his back-up singers.
He is quite the entertainer too at 71.
When the Last Waltz came on, it made the hair on my neck stand. It brought me many many years back to a certain house on Harrison Street where i used to hear this song playing on the radio. I looked over to the left at my two mums and they were both singing along. It brought tears to my eyes.

Mr Engelbert...thank you for an unforgetable night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

His surname is HUMP-A-DICK???

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home